1) VIDEO LOOP feature added
- Currently the recording would stop once the memory card was filled.
- We have added a feature to enable overwriting for a continuous recording. Now suitable for use as Dashboard Camera.
- When using the LOOP feature, once the SD card is filled the camera overwrites the oldest file present on the memory card
- Enable LOOP in the settings to use the feature.
* The LOOP feature can only be activated with 10% of available space or more on the memory card.
* If the LOOP feature doesn’t work, try to make space on the memory card and try again (10% or more of available space is required)
* Because using the LOOP feature overwrites existing files, please be sure to back up important files before using it.
2) 60 Fps quality upgrade
- • Previously there was a slight drop in quality of image when switching from 30 fps to 60 fps. This issue has been resolved.
- Image quality in 1080p 60fps in MED FOV and NARROW FOV is improved.
- Image quality in 720p 60fps in MED FOV and NARROW FOV is improved
- When using 1080p / 720p 60fps in MED/NARROW it will be displayed in RED in the LCD.
- Only for MEDIUM and NARROW definition.
* The FOV/definition setting is displayed on the LCD with an icon.
* The improvement only concerns the 60 fps frame rate.
3) Auto-start recording
- After switching the camera on, it’s now possible to have the recording start automatically after a preset count down.
- 0 sec: starts right after the camera is switched on.
- 5 sec: starts 5 seconds after the camera is switched on.
- 10 sec: starts 10 seconds after the camera is switched on.
- The setting is found under the VIDEO section of the settings.
- When this feature is enabled. it is displayed with a stopwatch on the LCD screen.
4) AE Meter
- Depending on your subject and the environment you can adjust the light exposure. (Centre / Average / Spot)
- Centre: default setting. Focus more on the centre than Average
- Spot: When shooting an exposed subject in a dark environment this setting focus on the spot to set the level of exposure
- Average: based on the average exposure of all the frame.
* Default setting is centre
* Spot is useful when filming (the outside of the car from the inside the car) to outside in daytime.
* When filming the inside of a vehicle while being inside as well, use the center setting.
- When charging, after 3 minutes of inactivity the icon will disappear. It will reappear if you press any button again.
- After 1 hour of inactivity the LCD will be turned off. You can turn it back on by pressing any button.
- START and STOP now have 2 different buzzer sound effects so you can differentiate between them.
- We have improved the exposure when shooting in inverted light.
- When using an external microphone, stereo recording is now available.
Improvement of the file creation.
- When a file gets bigger than 3.8GB the file renaming was inconvenient.
- This was corrected with the new firmware and even when recording a file bigger than 3.8Gb the file won’t be renamed..